I thought I would write a post about the new Presidency in a bit of a different way. That way I can get a little different perspective on the people who are in Obama's cabinet and the current Congress. I'm going to write about the Cabinet in order of succession to the Presidency, heaven forbid something happened where our new President Could not perform his duties...
Being the Vice-President and President of the Senate, the first in line is Joe Biden of Delaware. Before the election he was most noted for his multiple gaffs in speaking. So not a great communicator. Likes to spend money traveling on the train to and from Delaware. Other than that I can not figure out one thing that would make him a great President. Essentially I think he was picked as "Assassination Insurance" Meaning no one would want to assassinate Obama for the fear of having Biden as President.
The next in line is Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. A San Fransisco nut job that quite frankly is a bit scary. I could make a ton of comments about her but I don't want to get that angry today.
Third in line is the President pro Tempore of the Senate, Robert Byrd. A notable guy for his involvement with the KKK in the 40's. Oldest living Senator at 82. I watched him on CSPAN recently and he could hardly talk. Sixty of his 82 years he has held public office, mostly in the Senate. So a career politician, need I say more.
Forth is the new Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Her best qualification for the Presidency in the fact that she knows the layout of the White House and already has a lot of the furnishings that were there.
Fifth is Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy Geithner. The head of the IRS that didn't pay his taxes, nice.
Sixth is Secretary of Defence, Robert Gates. A Republican holdover from the Bush administration. He's the guy that will not get to speak in cabinet meetings, Republicans only hope of a voice in the Obama presidency. I'm sure he was picked because Democrats only knowledge of Defence is to surrender. To be fired within the first Obama term.
Eric Holder, Attorney General is seventh. Or shall we call him Mr. Pardon. Wants to close Gitmo. Guess he like criminals to be free. He worked for Bill Clinton in the 90's.
Our own Ken Salazar is Eighth. He is the Secretary of Interior. Our hope that Western views and water will be protected.
Ninth is Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack. Likes large industrial farms (goodbye family farmer) and genetically modified crops (what is this, a corn-beet?).
Tenth is Secretary of Commerce, Richardson is out. Who will be next?
Secretary of Labor is next. Her name is Hilda Solis. In favor of card check program, big unions.
Health and Human Services: Tom Daschle. Believes the government should pay for all health care. Great more taxes for less quality.
Head of HUD is next, Shaun Donavan. Former housing head in NYC. No clue what he will be like but I have noticed that a lot of people have houses in NYC, can he deal with a lot of people not having houses in the USA?
Ray LaHood. Transportation Secretary, a Republican. He must have a little power, Obama's first thing to do in office is give a ton of money for roads and bridges.
Department of Energy is next: Steven Chu. Nobel prize winner in physics. Smart people in federal politics usually doesn't work out.
Education Department head is Arne Duncan. A former pro basketball player in Australia. Head of Chicago Public Schools. Obama must need help on his game when they rip out bowling ally in White House and put in basketball court.
Eric Shinseki, Department of Veterans Affairs. A former, well decorated, four star General. A fitting post for a 4-star General, he knows what our heroes have had to deal with and will give them the best. I think this might be a good pick.
Janet Napolitano is last of the Cabinet as Homeland Security Secretary. Anita Hill's lawyer against Clarence Thomas's Supreme court nomination.
One last not person who is not in line for the Presidential job is the Chief of Staff. Arguably the second most powerful man in Washington. He has the Presidents schedule control, if he does not want you to talk to the President you don't talk to the President. His name Rahm Emanuel. A hard nose Chicago politician. Mixed up in Blago-gate. Believes we need civilian mandatory service corps. I think he is a real scary guy, don't think I could trust him.
So as a conservative I'm not real hopeful of the change that is going to be dished out the next four years. I just hope that they do not change my country so much that I do not recognize it anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.