Thursday, April 16, 2009

95% of Americans

We are being told that 95% of Americans will get a tax cut. There are a few things wrong with this that I have found.

1) That promise has already been broken. They increased tobacco taxes. We all know it is not healthy to smoke, but 20 to 25% of this country does smoke. So already they have increased taxes on at least 20% of Americans, unless you are not American if you smoke.

2) Just the fairness of the statement. Why are we considering something that, in just the statement, promotes inequality. 95% is not 100% so I guess it is alright to discriminate against 5% of Americans. Why don't we make it a cool 100%.

3) 40% or better of Americans do not pay income taxes, they get a check from the government. So you can not lower taxes on someone who does not pay taxes. They call that a rebate.

4) I have not researched it but I wonder if the 95% tax cut includes the people in this country illegally.

I have read a bill that has been introduced into the House, HR25. That is the Fair Tax bill I believe it is fair and equitable for all Americans, cuts out the bureaucratic government, and forces illegal immigrants to pay their fair share. For more information go to the web page http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_main.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails