Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bob Hislop answers the Questionnaire

Bob Hislop (running for the 54th House District in Colorado) answers the questions that I emailed to him. The answers are in bold. Mr. Hislop website: http://www.hislopfor54.com/.


The Questionaire

1. What qualifies you to represent Colorado’s 54th district?


President Ronald Reagan said, “Public service is the best service.” I’ve served my country and now it’s time for me to serve the citizens of HD 54 and Colorado. I’m a principled conservative, fiscally responsible, personally accountable, dedicated to doing what is right and always ready to listen. Those who know me realize that sending me to the legislature they are getting a citizen legislator who has a reputation of getting work done, always seeking better and more efficient methods of production, and for standing up for what I believe in.


2. Hypothetical situation: A bill that you personally disagree with is coming up for a vote. Your constituents overwhelmingly agree with the bill. How do you vote?

The citizens of 54 elected me to represent them. I will vote with my constituents. This is, of course, as long as the vote doesn’t defy our Creator’s Law, the U. S. Constitution or the Colorado Constitution.

3. Will you vote to increase taxes or fees?

No. I believe in less government, lower taxes and fees. As the Representative for HD 54 I will seek ways to do just that.

4. What legislation could you support in the area of health care?

I don’t believe that it is the government’s place to mandate our health care. This is a free market issue and we should encourage the competition between insurance companies and other providers. Like auto/home insurance we should be able to buy our health care from any provider that fits our individual needs. Portability, pre-existing conditions and annual costs should all be part of the competitive package. The Colorado legislature until a couple of years ago was working on tort reform but this seems to have fallen by the wayside. We need to address it again.

5. What do you propose to do to help the economy?

The Colorado economy is sinking rapidly. The democratic controlled state house and legislature seems to think the only way to correct the situation is by raising taxes and fees. I would propose to immediately repeal the mill levy freeze, reduce our taxes and re-institute tax credits for businesses. Additionally, the bureaucratic stranglehold that is on the western slope’s natural resources needs to be removed. We need to look at ways of reducing the government’s expenses instead of seeking ways to raise more taxes.

6. Do you believe in God?

Absolutely…One Nation Under God…In God We Trust!

7. What is the role of the U. S. Constitution today?

The Constitution is the cornerstone of our democracy. We the people…need to elect citizens, not professional politicians, who will follow the Constitution as the basic law of the land. I’ve sworn allegiance to the Constitution twice; 1970 as a policeman, 1974 as a Special Agent for the U. S. Secret Service, and I’m ready to do it again.

8. What are your basic values?

God, Family, Country, Fiscal Responsibility, Personal Accountability, Loyalty, Integrity, Honesty, and of course being worthy of trust and confidence.

9. What bills do you plan on introducing?

As I’ve said publicly, the first bill I would like to introduce is the repeal of the mill levy freeze. There has been a bill introduced this session to do this but with the democratic controlled legislature it isn’t going anywhere. Additionally, I haven’t formulated the bill, but as I’ve said, we need to reduce the stranglehold the bureaucratic red tape has on our natural resources. We need to maximize the growth, development and exploration of our natural resources with little or no adverse effect on the environment.

10. What would you like to tell the readers of the Plumb and Square?

I want to become the citizen legislator that represents HD 54. I will do the job 24/7/365. My priority will be the voice of HD 54 in Denver. I will stand on my basic principles and values to represent everyone to the best of my ability. My careers and life experience have given me the knowledge, the leadership skills and the ability to get things done.
I invite all your readers to visit my website http://www.hislopfor54.com/ and my Facebook fan page. I want your readers to know that I am worthy of their trust and confidence. Their support and vote for me guarantee that they have sent a principled conservative to Denver as their representative.

Thank you and God Bless for giving me this opportunity to share my thoughts and plans with your readers.

Bob Hislop
Republican Candidate Colorado House District 54
http://www.hislopfor54.com/

“As government expands…liberty contracts.” President Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails