Friday, June 18, 2010

Joe Barton is Plumb and Square

Bookmark and Share

I was just re-reading Article 2 of the Constitution of the United States and I never once saw any special right the President has to extort money from private citizens (the shareholders of BP) as partial punishment for the Gulf oil spill.

Is BP responsible? I'd say yes...hell they said yes. BP has already agreed that they would pay claims (and have been paying) relating to the oil spill. The President of the United States has NO authority to take BP's money and set up anything. The President is the head of the Executive branch of government, Not the Judicial Branch. Why doesn't he do something executive, like MANAGE what is going on in the Gulf not judicial like punishment. Or to use his own words "Plug the damn hole!"



After Joe Barton made these comments, there were calls from Joe Biden (Himmler; for short) and Robert Gibbs (Goebbels) for Barton to apologize for what he said. But for some reason the administration can make comments like "Keep the boot on the neck of BP" (Ken Salazar, May 2) and nothing is said.

Doesn't anybody feel like you are losing your liberty? This is a very scary thing when a President takes over companies (ie: Chrysler, GM and now BP) and uses them as he wishes. That my friend is called socialism.

On a side note: Wouldn't 20 billion dollars be a nice nest egg for congressional elections? Or a Presidential election? Just pondering....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails