The Propaganda Czar Robert Gibbs said today that "the One" is coming to Grand Junction. Obama is arriving Saturday (August 15) between stops in Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. There is a town hall scheduled, and I would love a chance to ask him a few questions in person, but I doubt that they will let a "right wing extremist" into the room. It doesn't mean I'm not going to try to get in though.
I wonder who gets to cough up the cash for this visit? I bet it will end up costing, an already struggling city government, a large chunk of change. The extra clean-up and overtime police to name a couple items.
I have a gut feeling that this won't be a good thing, some how we will be put into a spotlight I don't think we will like. Just a hunch. I'm sure I will write more about this as more details become available.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.