The race is now over and we have all had a week or so to digest the results, now I'd like to put my thoughts down on this insane Governor's race in Colorado. First off, I will congratulate Governor-elect Hickenlooper. We voted and you won. We can now prepare for higher taxes and more regulation. I do believe you will be a one term Governor, assuming the Colorado Republican Party can pull it's head out of it's ass. So Mayor Hickenlooper enjoy your stay at 400 E. 8th Avenue while you can because we will be back in 2014.
That brings me to the other players in the Governors race:
Dan Maes
I read Dan Maes Facebook notes on the election and the only thing I could think of while I was reading them was: "Stop your damn whining and get over it already, it's time to pull up your big boy pants and move on to another endeavor because your shot at politics is over."
Tom Tancredo
Did Tom do the right thing by jumping into the Governor's race? I think he did. He stood up what he believed was a bad choice for a Republican canidate. About 617,000 other Coloradoans also believed an error was made in the primary.
Scott McInnis
I hope future candidates have learned a thing about ethics from Mr. McInnis. Scott made an ethical mistake and it cost him the Governor's seat.
Joshua Penry
Don't you wish you would have stayed in the race now?
Republican Party of Colorado
Maybe you should find a better method of vetting your candidates before they make it to the primary, so this crap doesn't happen again.
Coloradans
This was one of the few political races, this year, that wasn't a referendum on some policy or lack of policy. It wasn't even a race about an specific ideology. This was a race about values. The values of honesty, humility, sincerity and personal responsibility. You can debate weather the participating candidates have any those values or not but one thing is for certain, the voters in the State of Colorado do have those values and their voice was heard.
I don't believe that I will like the policies that a Governor Hickenlooper will bring to the office, but he won because he was the least questionable person in the race. In a way it was inspiring that Hickenlooper won because it means that the people of Colorado stood up for values even if it cost them an election. That is a reason to be proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.