According to the Census bureau there are 45 million uninsured people in the United States. With 10 million being illegal, bring that number down to 35 million. Remove the wealthy that are self insured, lowers the amount of uninsured to 23 million. Take out the people that are actually able to get government insurance but have not signed up now the total is 17 million not insured.
With Speaker Pelosi's plan there will still be 12 million people that do NOT have health insurance. Essentially then we are going to spend 1.
1 trillion dollars so 5 million people can get health insurance.
That is $220,000, per person, that we are spending, to add that person to the insurance rolls. I've got a better idea. It would be smarter to just cut a check to the 5,000,000 people so they can pay for their own private insurance. The whole problem is solved and it would be a ton cheaper.
Do they really think we are going to buy this crap? I am starting to get real excited about the 2010 elections. I can't wait to see how many of these numbskulls get voted out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.