Sunday, August 29, 2010

Craftsman of Honor - Gary Sinise

Bookmark and Share

The last line of the Declaration of Independence states: "And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."

I have decided that I need to be highlighting people that have pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor. Every month I will be "awarding" a Craftsman of Honor Award (There is no plaque or anything just a nice piece written in this blog...it is a pretty low budget operation here at Plumb and Square).

This first Craftsman of Honor award goes to Gary Sinise. You might wonder why I would select a Hollywood personality as a person of honor. Hollywood is not a bastion of honorable people which makes being honorable that much more difficult. Just imagine all of your co-workers and potential employers not agreeing with very much or anything that you support. That is someone to hightlight.

These are some of the things that Gary Sinise has done to achieve the Craftsman of Honor for August 2010:

1) Co-founded Operation Iraqi Children (Now called Operation International Children) who's mission it is to bring school supplies to children all over the world that are supported by American troops.

2) Sinise currently serves as the National Spokesperson for the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial. He spends much of his time raising awareness for the Memorial and other veterans' service organizations.

3) Since 2006, Sinise has co-narrated the National Memorial Day Concert on the Mall in Washington, D.C.

4) Gary plays in the Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band, which plays for troops all over the world.

5) Gary supports the group Building Homes for Heroes which builds houses for disabled veterans.

This is a small list of the many things he has done, and he has done it under the scrutiny of Hollywierd. This a person that fits the Plumb and Square mold of Craftsman of Honor.

3 comments:

  1. Gary Sinise and a few others really stand out in the bastion kookery known a Hollywood! While many liberal "Stars" are very good at what they do for a living, knowing their politics makes me reluctant to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “It would be an incredible blessing if we could transform one of the worst events in our history into a day where all Americans come together to volunteer their time in honor of those lost and injured.”----Gary Sinise. (on 9/11) I really like that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary Sinise is so tireless in his efforts to support the troops and for his other endeavors. I think he stands out in Hollywood as "outside the norm". He just shows that you dont have to be crazy to be famous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails