Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shame on you President Obama

Recently President Obama was scolding banks for receiving bonuses even though the country is in a recession. We now have a "Pay Czar" who chief job is to punish people for succeeding, and make sure they do not make "too much money".

I've got an idea, why doesn't the President put his money where his mouth is (or should I say put our money where his mouth is)? At a time where most businesses are cutting pay, cutting positions, or simply failing, the federal government has been passing out raises.

Here is some key statistics I found on a USA Today story (This is the link) :

Increase of federal workers who makes more than $100,000 (from 12/07 to 6/09): 46%
Increase of federal employment 6.6% (Rest of country is facing 10% unemployment)
Average salary of federal worker $71,206 (Private sector $40,331)

Government does not earn any money, we earn money for the government. Why when we in the private sector, are earning less (and paying more) doesn't the federal government clip it's wings? Smaller governments (ie: Colorado, Mesa County, and even the City of Grand Junction) are making cuts to attempt to balance their budgets. But the Obama administration does nothing. Actually they do worse than nothing, if their checkbook is in the red they just spend more money (and print more money).

Mr. President before you open your mouth and tell the bankers that they are at fault for everything and that they make too much money, why don't you make a budget cut and attempt to balance a budget? Oh that's right you've never managed anything before I forgot. I guess you fulfilled your campaign mantras of Hope and Change. I HOPE I have CHANGE after the next three years of this President.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails