This will tell you how much of a political geek I am. I was reading a book about Presidents (there is an intresting start, huh) and I got this idea of making a Who's Who of Presidential Cabinets. Kind of like an all star football team. But I wanted to make the "Cabinet" of only former Presidents. I told you I was a geek. Here's what I came up with...
President - George Washington
Vice President - Abraham Lincoln
(These two could be interchangeable I believe)
State - John Adams
A real diplomat
Defense - Dwight Eisenhower
Who better for a Defense Secretary than a General that lead the largest armies in the world to victory.
Treasury - Thomas Jefferson
A Jefferson quote to some up why ..."I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to
control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by
deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children
wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing
power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom
it properly belongs.
Attorney General - W.H. Taft
A Chief Justice of Supreme Court I think would be best at A.G job.
Interior - Theodore Roosevelt
A outdoors-man for the outdoors. Perfect fit.
Agriculture - Calvin Coolidge
My weakest selection. Coolidge was a farmer and a conservative. I could be eaisliy persuaded to change.
Labor - Ronald W. Reagen
Who better to lead the Department of Labor than a President who put more people back to work than any other. As well as a President of a labor union.
Commerce - Herbert Hoover
Actually ran the Department of Commerce. Said to have ran it better than anybody ever .
Housing and Urban Development - Harry Truman
A man that lived in 2 houses his whole life and one of them was the White House, which he remodeled. Would not take any guff from any beurocrats.
Transportation - James Monroe
A truly expansionist President. If he were alive in the 21st. century I could see him as a world traveler.
Energy - George H. W. Bush
An oil man for energy another good fit.
Health and Human Services - Franklin Roosevelt
An executive department that is pretty much the Department of Democrats so who better then the Head Democrat to lead here.
Education - James Madison
An educator. Who better to teach you than the Father of the Constitution.
Veterans Affairs - U. S. Grant
A great General who knew his men and knew what they needed.
Homeland Security - George W. Bush
A President who's whole term was Homeland Security.
President - George Washington
Vice President - Abraham Lincoln
(These two could be interchangeable I believe)
State - John Adams
A real diplomat
Defense - Dwight Eisenhower
Who better for a Defense Secretary than a General that lead the largest armies in the world to victory.
Treasury - Thomas Jefferson
A Jefferson quote to some up why ..."I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to
control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by
deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children
wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing
power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom
it properly belongs.
Attorney General - W.H. Taft
A Chief Justice of Supreme Court I think would be best at A.G job.
Interior - Theodore Roosevelt
A outdoors-man for the outdoors. Perfect fit.
Agriculture - Calvin Coolidge
My weakest selection. Coolidge was a farmer and a conservative. I could be eaisliy persuaded to change.
Labor - Ronald W. Reagen
Who better to lead the Department of Labor than a President who put more people back to work than any other. As well as a President of a labor union.
Commerce - Herbert Hoover
Actually ran the Department of Commerce. Said to have ran it better than anybody ever .
Housing and Urban Development - Harry Truman
A man that lived in 2 houses his whole life and one of them was the White House, which he remodeled. Would not take any guff from any beurocrats.
Transportation - James Monroe
A truly expansionist President. If he were alive in the 21st. century I could see him as a world traveler.
Energy - George H. W. Bush
An oil man for energy another good fit.
Health and Human Services - Franklin Roosevelt
An executive department that is pretty much the Department of Democrats so who better then the Head Democrat to lead here.
Education - James Madison
An educator. Who better to teach you than the Father of the Constitution.
Veterans Affairs - U. S. Grant
A great General who knew his men and knew what they needed.
Homeland Security - George W. Bush
A President who's whole term was Homeland Security.
I would like to trade links with as I agree with what I have seen so far, my blog has all kinds of things, www.techplaybook.com, put a link of my site up and I will do the same for, comment on one of my articles for confirmation.
ReplyDeleteis that a negative?
ReplyDeleteyour link is on the obama 57 state page hope you like.
ReplyDelete