They are having a special election to fill Ted Kennedy's Senate seat, in Massachusetts. Currently, Republican Scott Brown leads Martha Coakley 48-47, in a recent poll. That is huge in my book, even if Scott Brown loses he has made an impact on one of the most liberal places in the county.
Another news article today makes me wonder if the Democrats are already planning on Martha Coakley losing the seat. The story is from the Boston Hearld and says that the Democrats are going to stall the swearing-in of Scott Brown, if he wins the election, until after the vote is taken on the Health Care bill.
My first thought is what the hell are these Senators thinking? They have rammed this Health Care bill through both houses and now they are relying on tricks to get it passed. I would even be more angry if I was from Massachusetts. Only getting a partial say in the "Ted Kennedy Health Care Package" is quite a slap in the face.
The American people are angry and and these politicians are don't seem to care or are so stupid they don't understand that fact. It is much like poking at a bear cub with a sharp stick. When an equalizer comes (Mama bear), you will not like it.
The power in this country lies with the people and the people are speaking very loudly and the politicians refuse to listen. Can you say 1994?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.