Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is Colorado Becoming a Terrorist State?

Today they arrested a woman from Leadville, that is somehow involved in a plot to kill a Swedish cartoonist who made fun of Mohammed. Then we had the guy from Aurora that wanted to blow up a train in New York City. We have had the other "terrorist type" activities like the Columbine shooting and the recent middle school shooting.

It got me wondering what is happening (or not happening) in Colorado that doesn't seem to be happening in other states.  I don't think I have any answers, just a lot of questions to think about...

Why do all these people seem to be from Colorado? Are we more lax with our vigilance here? Do we believe that for the most part no one from Colorado would do something so bad such as a terrorist act?   Are we the type sort people that don't take any garbage from people so when we notice a wrong (even if the wrong is wrong) we do something about it?

Is it a mountain or climate thing? Are the mountains just a good place to hide? Is the climate similar to Afghanistan or Pakistan so the Muslim extremists like to come here and recruit?

Maybe we are just getting good at law enforcement. They did catch the two most recent Muslim extremists before any crime was committed.  Maybe our cops are just getting good at catching the bad guys and the other states don't do it as well.

I was born in Colorado and have lived here the majority of my life. I love this state, it's beauty of both the mountains and the plains. I love the "rugged individualist" attitude I feel in this state. This is a new time from when we grew up, we need to be completely aware of our surroundings now more than ever. For those people who think terrorism cannot happen in your area, your state, your wrong.  If it can crop up in Western Colorado it can crop up anywhere. So remember to be alert and don't let the bad guys win.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails