There is a Tax Day Rally today in Lincoln Park at 5:30pm. With that,I thought I would give you some interesting numbers as of today....
U.S. National Debt...$12,815,000,000,000
Debt per citizen...$41,500
Debt per taxpayer (people who filed a tax return, realize not all of those people actually pay taxes)...$116,600
Federal spending (approved by Congress and spent this year) $3,549,000,000,000
Federal tax revenue .... $2,125,000,000,000
Total national assets $72,385,000,000,000
Total unfunded liabilities $108,266,000,000,000
(So if we sold everything in the country we could not pay for all of the liabilities we promised to pay)
Total national assets per citizen...$234,205
Total national liability per citizen...$350,299
Total of all debt (Federal, state, local, household)...$55,769,000,000,000
Total debt per citizen...$180,442
Total debt per family...$690,155
Income per family...$62,054
Actual unemployed ...26,100,000
Official unemployed...15,070,000
Food stamp recipients...39,300,000
Bankruptcies...1,411,000
Foreclosures...861,619
I will see you at the rally today!
U.S. National Debt...$12,815,000,000,000
Debt per citizen...$41,500
Debt per taxpayer (people who filed a tax return, realize not all of those people actually pay taxes)...$116,600
Federal spending (approved by Congress and spent this year) $3,549,000,000,000
Federal tax revenue .... $2,125,000,000,000
Total national assets $72,385,000,000,000
Total unfunded liabilities $108,266,000,000,000
(So if we sold everything in the country we could not pay for all of the liabilities we promised to pay)
Total national assets per citizen...$234,205
Total national liability per citizen...$350,299
Total of all debt (Federal, state, local, household)...$55,769,000,000,000
Total debt per citizen...$180,442
Total debt per family...$690,155
Income per family...$62,054
Actual unemployed ...26,100,000
Official unemployed...15,070,000
Food stamp recipients...39,300,000
Bankruptcies...1,411,000
Foreclosures...861,619
I will see you at the rally today!
I wonder what % of our population just don't care? It is farily well reported that as many as 47% of those who file actually pay no Federal Income Tax. As one of the 53% I'm sick and tired of it. Replacing the income tax with a consumption tax would go a long way to fixing this but watch: the only way we could ever expect a consumption tax from the present Administration would be in ADDITION to the income tax. B.O. was right we need "change"; just not his!
ReplyDelete