This is an audio track from 1961 (the same year Obama was born), when Reagan was a private citizen. He predicted our current health care debate in 1961. It is a little long at 10 minutes, but it is worth your 10 minutes. Listen and compare what is happening now.
Please write your congressman as Mr. Reagan asks! Before it is too late.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
2 comments:
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Todd, Mr. Reagan recorded that as a contract player to the American Medical Association. The recording, and its desired impact, are well documented in the Michael Moore documentary Sicko.
ReplyDeleteTo quote the fact-checking page on Mr. Moore's website about the film:
"Ronald Reagan's recording was widely available in the 1960s, and was a part of the American Medical Association's "Operation Coffee Cup," a coordinated rebuttal to Democrats' push for Medicare. Max Skidmore, "Ronald Reagan and Operation Coffee Cup: A Hidden Episode in American Political History," Journal of American Culture, vol. 12. 1989."
The section of Moore's film dealing with the Reagan recording can be viewed here.
John, you are right, it was part of Opertation Coffee Cup. The whole album included how to have "Coffee cup meetings" and how to write your Congressman. They were trying to start a movement of people for a just cause. Much like I am trying to do by posting this clip. Much like Michael Moore was trying to do with his movie. I do believe that Mr. Reagan believed what he said, and more importantly I believed what he said.
ReplyDeleteMedicare, while an honorable service for older Americans is now finiancially failing and we are going to be stuck trying to figure that mess out, along with the added costs of this health care bill. Not a good idea to be spending so much money- so fast, it will force the bankruptcy of the nation.