I read this article from the Pueblo Chieftain that quotes John Salazar as saying (about the town halls) that "They're just not productive, unless people are willing to be respectful and listen to one another."
So what is Mr. Salazar's solution? Have a teleconference town hall. He hasn't released the information about the conference call yet. Why is John Salazar so afraid to meet with his constituents? If he was doing something everybody agreed with, I bet there would be no issue in meeting us, so he could brag and collect votes.
I really dislike this teleconferencing of town halls, it irritates me for a few reasons:
1) Mr. Salazar will probably take questions, but only select questions.
2) Mr. Salazar can not see the people he represents. He needs to see our emotions (good or bad), we (both John and We the People) are losing 1/2 the process of communication.
3) Who is actually answering the questions? Is it Mr. Salazar, our elected servant, or is it some Acorn flunky behind the scenes?
4) Are the people on the town hall conference call citizens of Colorado's third congressional district? We elected John Salazar we deserve the right to talk to him.
Also note that security appears an excuse with the Representative. The article states:
"Salazar's press secretary called to inform him that a local politician in Grand Junction led a protest to his offices there and that Grand Junction police say one of the protesters threatened his life. That information has been forwarded to Capitol police and to the FBI."
My answer to that is; Don't you trust the Grand Junction Police Department, the Mesa County Sheriff's office and your own security detail? I guess the answer is self evident.
So here we go again with an elected Representative that does not wish to actually represent his constituents. I guess we get the shaft again. Thanks Mr. Salazar.
Link to Pueblo Chieftain article
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.