Monday, October 19, 2009

Is Barrack Obama in the tank for Fox News?

Over the past couple of weeks there has been several attacks on Fox News by the Obama Administration:

"What I think is fair to say about Fox -- and certainly it's the way we view it -- is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party," said Anita Dunn, White House communications director, on CNN.

"A lot of their news programming, it's really not news. It's pushing a point of view," senior adviser David Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week."

"The way we -- the president looks at it and we look at it, is, it is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective," White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel added on CNN's "State of the Union."


I like Fox News. I watch Fox News. I link to Fox News on this blog. I am starting to think that Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox News) is a genius. If you had a news channel that dominates the market in every way, what would you do to bring in more viewers (ie: money)? How about continuing a feud with the President? The President looks like the fool, and all of your competitors are advertising your station on their channels.

Maybe Obama doesn't like capitalism because he doesn't understand capitalism. He is giving a ratings boost to the one news channel that he would prefer not to even be around. I know the Presidents ego is in overdrive, so he will not let go of this feud. The longer the feud the more nails he puts into the coffin of his news organizations; CNN, MSNBC, etc...

To stop the feud all the President would have to do is actually go on the air with Fox News. The President says he likes to discuss differing opinions, I have yet to see that from President Obama. I bet Fox would even give Obama a "special" during prime time. They could call it "the Apology Show" where Obama could apologize for everything. They could have special sections like "the Bush years","the Evil Military" or "Limb Removing Doctors".

Jesting aside; I wonder if the President doesn't have anything better to do that berate a news channel for doing it's job, reporting the news. Maybe he could spend a little quality time deciding what to do in Afghanistan before more of our boys get killed. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails