I was pondering the decision in Arizona regaruding the new Arizona law that was at least partially struck down this week. What bothered me most was the protests and the Mexican flag flying. I can understand if you do not agree with the law, if you feel it is not the states place to make immigration decisions. Amrica is a free country and we are free to disagree. Personally I agree with SB1070, as it was written, I think the federal government should not turn away any help they can get from anywhere. What I don't understand is why would anyone insult and reject the American flag thus rejecting the American people?
Here is a note to those immigrants who want to be here, both legal and illegal:
Why would you sully a place you seek to be a part? Isn't that a lot like peeing in your own kitchen? We clothe you, feed you, give you health care, teach your children, protect you from violence, and you turn your back on us, and you raise a flag of another country. We offer you opportunities and you spit in our face.
Because we are Americans, we will continue to offer you a chance at the freedom we enjoy. We till take your strife and turn a cheek to your insults. We are not racisist or xenophobic, we are a caring and giving country of immigrants. Most everyone's families living in the United States today, came from another country. They worked hard and tried to achieve the "American Dream". They learned the language, studied our laws, learned our history, and became productive residents of this country. Some even took the extra effort to become citizens of the land that they grew to love.
I believe that if it were possible Americans would rather have a whole world of people that live the way of life that we have, our freedoms, our choices. Because we can't do that; for a multitude of reasons, we have to have a system of laws that protect what we have, our land and our freedoms. Otherwise we will have nothing to give anyone else. If you seek to be an American, you can be an American. You have to put up the effort, stand in line and put down the Mexican flag. We don't want you to lose your culture, varity of cultures is what makes Americans unique. We want you to assimilate. Learn our laws and obey them. We want you to be part of the greatest country on earth, you just have to make the first step.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.