Sunday, July 18, 2010

Presidential Weekly Radio Addresses Reagan vs. Obama

Bookmark and Share

Below are two videos of weekly radio addresses, with two different charismatic Presidents. One believes in small government and the will of the people, the other believes in big government and the will of himself.

Here is a summary in case you don't want to watch both videos (I know I have a hard time watching Obama)...

Ronald Wilson Reagan talks of liberty and faith, triumph over trials, and the Constitution.

Barrack Hussein Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of strength and vitality in the economy. Growth and low inflation.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of a monthly job growth of 340,000 new jobs and more people employed than ever before in history.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of less taxes and less regulation.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of entrepreneurial spirit and seeing possibilities where others see problems.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of renewed activity of business and community involvement instead of unemployment.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of simplifying tax codes and reduced government growth.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan talks of economic growth and expanding opportunity and never going back to tax and spend policies.

Obama says the economy sucks and it's all the Republicans fault.

Reagan direct quote "We must challenge ourselves to hurdle the acceptable limits of the past and draw a new map of possibilities and give new meaning to the word success. Isn't that, after all, what it means to be Americans."

Obama direct quote: "The fact is, most economists agree that extending unemployment insurance is one of the single most cost-effective ways to help jump start the economy. It puts money into the pockets of folks who not only need it most, but who also are most likely to spend it quickly."


Ronald Reagan....


Barrack Obama....

5 comments:

  1. I agree with some of, your blog...Ill give you a minute to digest the shock.

    One of the things I like about reading your blog is how well you articulate your points, grounding them in history, and tackling the issue.

    I am surprised that you have not tackled the McInnis issue. That's not like you to avoid the subject. I look to your for the counterpoint perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you not adress the McInnis issue in the um.."McInnis" post? hmmm...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry I honestly did not see it. Thank you for showing me, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T-S,

    You addressed the McInnis issue quite well, in my opinion. Have you arrived at any ideas regarding where we go from here? Another Ritter wouldn't be the answer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails