Sunday, March 22, 2009

What is Your Definition of Rich?

The current Administration's definition of rich is to earn $250,000 a year. It is perfectly acceptable to tax you more, criticize and belittle you if you make more than $250,000, because your are an evil person. Do you realize that 80% of millionaires are 1st generation millionaires? Which means they took the risk and made the money on their own. They did not inherit the money, they earned it using their ideas, their work, their time, and their capital investment.

On an interesting side note:

The Administration has set a ceiling of earnings for select CEO's at 1/2 million dollars. Hummm, interesting. So I guess we need to trim the President's salary. You see the CEO of America "earns" $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment, for a total of $569,000. Of course I'm not adding in the other "perks" like government supplied housing and staff, a private jet, fleet of cars, a helicopter, etc... Am I upset with the Presidents salary and perks, of course not. Quite frankly I think he is underpaid for the tasks we request. It is a strange culture that pays men $50,000,000 to hit a ball with a stick or throw a ball through a hoop and the leader of the whole world makes 1% of that amount.

Back to my point....

I just don't understand the mentality that the rich are evil because they have sacrificed their lives for their success. Personally, I never have worked for a poor man. So why would I want to "Cut off my nose, to spite my face." as my grandmother used to say. Why would I want to tax the very people who are employing me? What do you think that those "evil rich" people will do when they are forced to pay more taxes? Lay somebody off? Close up shop? I think Americans let their envy get in the way of logic. We need to tax businesses and the "evil rich" less, which creates jobs and increases tax revenue. Don't tax them into failure. Let's not bring the rich people down to our monetary level, why don't we just work at bringing our wealth to their level.

I do not envy the rich and their stuff, if that is what they want in their life then go for it, who am I to say? You see I am already rich, just in different ways. I am rich because I have a wife and children that love me. I have a God that will give me everything I need, all I have to do is ask. I have an occupation that I enjoy. I live in a country that is free, where I can speak my mind without repercussions. I have had some unique opportunities in my life which, using the proper grooming, could have made me much wealthier financially that I am now. But what I am now is, a truly rich man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails