Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Snippet of the Health Care Bill

I was reading the health care bill(yeah, I am a real exciting guy) that was introduced in the House and I started to get confused. So I thought I would put the section I was reading here, maybe somebody could explain it to me. There is 1000 pages of this double talk garbage. I am sure all our elected officials completely understand everything that is in this bill, yeah right.

SEC. 1147. PAYMENT FOR IMAGING SERVICES.

(a) Adjustment in Practice Expense to Reflect Higher Presumed Utilization- Section 1848 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w) is amended--

(1) in subsection (b)(4)--

(A) in subparagraph (B), by striking `subparagraph (A)' and inserting `this paragraph'; and

(B) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

`(C) ADJUSTMENT IN PRACTICE EXPENSE TO REFLECT HIGHER PRESUMED UTILIZATION- In computing the number of practice expense relative value units under subsection (c)(2)(C)(ii) with respect to advanced diagnostic imaging services (as defined in section 1834(e)(1)(B)), the Secretary shall adjust such number of units so it reflects a 75 percent (rather than 50 percent) presumed rate of utilization of imaging equipment.'; and

(2) in subsection (c)(2)(B)(v)(II), by inserting `AND OTHER PROVISIONS' after `OPD PAYMENT CAP'.

(b) Adjustment in Technical Component `discount' on Single-session Imaging to Consecutive Body Parts- Section 1848(b)(4) of such Act is further amended by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

`(D) ADJUSTMENT IN TECHNICAL COMPONENT DISCOUNT ON SINGLE-SESSION IMAGING INVOLVING CONSECUTIVE BODY PARTS- The Secretary shall increase the reduction in expenditures attributable to the multiple procedure payment reduction applicable to the technical component for imaging under the final rule published by the Secretary in the Federal Register on November 21, 2005 (part 405 of title 42, Code of Federal Regulations) from 25 percent to 50 percent.'.

(c) Effective Date- Except as otherwise provided, this section, and the amendments made by this section, shall apply to services furnished on or after January 1, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. It seems obvious that the afore mentioned previous legal descriptions of a prior precedent whether actually set or merely referred to is at the heart of this stimulating but not unimportant bill that would allow the common person an MRI as long as all former as well as future qualifications are met and all paperwork is filed with the proper authoritative personnel who may or may not speak English or even have the ability to read said paperwork under well defined and established regulations that define English and literacy. An MRI is then freely given while the results may or may not be available to those receiving this important evaluation nor the individuals actually qualified to interpret the examination unless the examiner has specific governmental qualifications and has proper accreditation under previous and future legal terms as set forth by the Obama Medical Czar and the Congress of the United States of America. Without such accreditation the undisclosed medical evaluation shall be kept from the examinee to avoid confusion and possible liability. If a properly qualified medical staff is not found in the allotted 90 days following the MRI the test will no longer be free but offered at a 50% reduced rate unless a properly qualified staff member is not found in 120 days then it will be determined that the test shall not be given at all.

    Seems simple to me.

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I thought said but I just wasn't sure, lol. T

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails