Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bob McConnell answers the Questionnaire

Bob Mcconnell (running for the Third Congressional District in Colorado) answers the questions that I emailed to him. The answers are in bold. Mr. McConnell's website: http://www.mcconnellforcongress.com/

Dear Candidate
My name is Todd Transmeier. I write a conservative blog based in Grand Junction, CO called Plumb and Square. I’m interested in the opinions of the conservative candidates running for office in the districts that represent me and my family.
I have made a questionnaire of 10 questions. If you could please respond to these questions and return them to me I will post the responses on Plumb and Square.
The Questionnaire

1) What qualifies you to represent the Third Congressional District of Colorado?

I have a deep desire to serve my country in a time of need, utilizing my skills as a citizen leader. I am thoughtful, engaged, not sullied by a political career, motivated by anger and resolve, and I know how to listen.

2) Hypothetical situation: A bill that you personally disagree with is coming up for a vote. Your constituents overwhelmingly agree with the bill. How do you vote?

I will be a representative of the people. So long as their will is not in violation of the Constitution, I vote the way they tell me to. Period.

3) Will you vote to increase taxes or fees?

No. Already signed the pledge through Americans for Tax Reform.

4) What legislation could you support in the area of health care?

a. Tort reform b. portability c. regulation of insurance companies to require acceptance of those w/ pre-existing conditions.

5) What do you propose to do to help the economy?

Specifically, in the Third District of Colorado, I intend to focus back on our amazing resources in the energy field - mining, drilling, foresting - to create much needed jobs. I will focus on getting folks back to work which will, in turn, stimulate the housing market and the economy.

6) Do you believe in God?

Absolutely.

7) What is the role of the U.S. Constitution today?

Same role as it's had for over 200 years - it is our guiding and defining light. It is the document that should inform every law passed, every initiative discussed. Our leaders have decided it's unimportant and look at what has happened. When we put the Constitution front and center again, where it belongs, we will be prosperous and free.

8) What are your basic values?

God, country, family; duty, honor, integrity in all things. I have sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I believe in limited government, lower taxes, free markets, strong national defense, protecting individual rights and developing individual responsibilities.

9) What bills do you plan in introducing?

Congressional reform: I'd like to refer you to a Patriot's Pledge at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs028/1102781148057/archive/1102874918702.html regarding the types of reform I'd like to introduce and see. Now, I'm shooting for the moon in looking to amend the Constitution but we must start moving in the direction of reigning in our "representatives" and this is a start.

10) What would you like to tell the readers of Plumb and Square?

I know it's hard to trust someone running for office. I'm 63, and never done this. I'm also a retired Colonel, Army Ranger who's led men both in battle and up Mt. Everest. Nobody can buy me - not the Republican party, not special interests - and no one can bully me. I'm asking for your vote, for your support, in furtherance of a bold vision that throws "politics as usual" out the window. Come see me, ask me hard questions, hold me accountable, and let me work for you.
 
Thank you for your time,
Todd Transmeier
Plumbandsquare.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails