Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Colorado Loves Califorina Taxes

Governor Ritter declared February 12 as "Colorado Loves California day". We love California so much in Colorado,  we are already adopting the California tax structure of tax everything. Here's a little note to the Colorado Assembly and the Governor.....Don't take advice from a state that is about to go bankrupt.

The recent bills that were approved and sent to the Governor's desk will increase taxes for the following things:
  • Candy
  • Soda
  • Online purchases
  • Software
  • Pesticides
  • Other agricultural items
  • Energy used in industrial processes
  • Direct mail materials
  • Non-essential food items (like plastic spoons, napkins)
The legislature is also working to eliminate tax credits and exemptions for businesses. A statement from Rep. Jack Pommer, D-Boulder..."Businesses don't care about Colorado. They care about their own profits. They'll get as much money as they possibly can out of us, and then they'll leave when it suits them."  Well you have the leave part right Jack, they will leave once you idiots tax the hell out of them. Of course, they will take  the jobs created by the business with them.

I wonder how the Democrats plan on balancing the budget once everybody from Colorado moves to Texas because they can't afford to live here anymore?  I guess they can just levy the additional taxes on Jack Pommer.  We could do that because Jack knows that businesses don't contribute anything to the state now, so all the tax money raised must be from Jack's magic money tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails