Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stop with the Nazi talk


Why has the main way to refute an argument or criticize someone to call them a Nazi? We have degraded all debates into a big name calling match. Why are we not speaking to each other, debating each other? 

Here are are few examples:

Radio host calls Tebow's draft party a Nazi rally.

Jared Polis says Arizona immigration law is like Nazi Germany.

Thank You, Glenn Beck: Now I can call you a Nazi.

I don't believe that everyone that has a different opinion, is a Nazi. I understand that there are strong feelings on both sides of a political argument but we as Americans are no where close to becoming Nazi's.

Why are we not speaking and debating each other?   Are people becoming to lazy in making an argument that all we can do is call someone a name?  Are we forgetting what the Nazi's stood for, the crimes they committed?

When you call someone a murderer the entire argument on the subject is lost. The American people are smart enough to know what happened in Germany in the 30's and 40's is not happening here. We would never allow that to happen.  By calling someone a Nazi all you have done is make a case that you are crazy and not to be believed. If you have a point in an argument that you strongly believe in, make the point using logic and reason, not...."He's a Nazi".  That will get you know where in my book.

Lets act like the intelligent Americans we are, not like some a prepubescent child calling names in the school yard. That does no one any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Plumb and Square are moderated. Comments made within 7 days of the posting will post right away. If you make a comment after 7 days of the posting, the comment will not post right away. I will be notified of your comment and I will approve the comment. I do not discriminate, I will post favorable and unfavorable comments. I will not post "sales" comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails